Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Next on TLC... A Hair Story

I'm sure that we will find this much more amusing than the average Joe, since this is our adorable child, but thought it was too cute and had to post. This is the day after the following conversation happened.

Nat - "Mommy, Charlie & Lola is on"

Me- "That's great honey..." (as I know that it is not Charlie & Lola on, but is Stanley)

N - "Mommy, I'm ..... (something incomprehensible)"

M - doing laundry in another room... "wonderful sweetie..."

N - "I'm putting lotion on..."

M- "What the hell...?" as I run into the other room

Miss Natalie had decided to begin her foray into her beauty product empire by testing the development of her own brand of guacamole hand and face lotion. She proudly told me to "beel my kin" and "it mells good." I told her that she might have to go back to the drawing board. While her customers would surely appreciate all of the hydrating and softening properties her lotion provides, and the fact that it is multi-purpose because it could be lunch one minute and then a moisturizing skin refresher the next, I didn't foresee them much appreciating the fact that they would walk around all day smelling like their local Mexican food establishment. Maybe she should stick with the hair gig?

0 comments: