Thursday, March 29, 2007

Huge Apologies To........

Anyone who is here for the first time because of the 95,000 messages you received from a yahoogroups board. Our blog is kind of fun but we're not THAT excited about it...now come on folks...

The whole saga is that, in addition to introducing myself on a new board for an adoption group, I also put a message on our own "Natalie May" group to supposedly inform those that didn't get an email last week about our new blog. I never intended for those of you that already know about this place to hear it again and had removed you from my list of recipients to receive the email. Yahoogroups did not like my idea... This is exactly why we switched to ye old blogger... you won't ever receive an email from me. You just come by anytime you want to and check it out. I guess you can do that as well with yahoo groups but most of our peeps were set up to receive daily emails.

I was so freaked out yesterday when I saw my "new member intro" post over and over again on the new group I belong to. This a group of folks who are all submitting their dossiers at the same time and will be sharing the long journey together as we wait for our referrals. I told Phil that it appeared that I had introduced some kind of virus into the AprilDTC group. He just laughed at me and said that he was sure that it was some kind of problem on yahoogroups end. We went back and forth for a few more rounds of discussion. How was I supposed to believe the guy that had kept insisting that there was something wrong with our bbq to which I replied "I bet it's out of propane"...."no - it should be full..." "honey, check the propane..." "no, that's not it..." We had our first bbq of the season last night after my sweetie went to fill up the propane tank. I guess there was less than a gallon left. Hmmm... Shortly after our bbq, I saw a note at the top of our yahoogroup that they are aware of the multiple posting problem and are working to fix it. Hmmm... lol

So there you have it folks... this time you CAN shoot the messenger...just don't hate on the author!

0 comments: