Saturday, April 21, 2007

Feeling Nostalgic

Since we have become DTC again, I have been looking at old pictures and remembering what it was like when we were DTC for Natalie and how excited we were when we went to China to get her. These pictures are for all of us out there that are DTC now with what looks to be like a long road ahead of us. No matter how long the wait, this will be our end result and it is SO worth it! This picture above is from our very first day with Natalie. She totally crashed on the way back from the Civil Affairs office. Phil and I laid her down in her little crib next to our bed and just stared at her for hours. So precious!

This is right after she woke up and started to process what was going on. Doesn't she look like she's thinking..."um, sure, I'll take a picture, but, okay...just wondering what on earth is going on and who in the heck are you?"

I should have know from the very beginning that she was going to be a daddy's girl. She has always been so comfortable with him. This is a familiar sight even today. You can't tell very well in this picture, but daddy's eyes and face are totally red and swollen from crying so much that day! This is still the first day and is just after she woke up and had her first bath and new jammies on. The p.j.'s are too short but I, of course, had to put them on her because they had cows jumping over the moon and were too cute. Definitely, a first time mom who had been waiting a little too long to put cute things on her child...

Okay, this is one of my most favorite pictures of N. I think it's just that innocent look on her adorable little face and then, of course, how messy it is from her prunes. The kid loved prunes and sweet potatoes. She couldn't get enough of them. Actually, at 14 lbs at almost 11 months, she couldn't hardly get enough of any kind of food. She ate like a horse and was so tiny. We couldn't understand where it was all going...

Love this one too because of how little she looks. She is just too cute. Still needs to have something in her mouth to this day. It's her "security" thing when she starts getting tired or overwhelmed. My sweet baby girl...

3 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Darling pictures...being DTC does take you back.... ;)

Mommy Spice said...

Hi Jennifer,

I got your blog address off of the April LID yahoo group. I'm a blogger friend with Seffie b. as well. I'm a blogger too and thought I'd stop by and say hello. I use fun blogger names on my blog, but on the yahoo site you'll see me as Laura B.

Karin said...

These pictures are just wonderful! They send my mind racing trying to imagine what those first days will be like so far in the future, thanks for sharing.