Sunday, April 15, 2007

What A Difference...

My Pictures didn't load quite in the order that I thought they would and i don't know how to fix them...Oh well... This is from the tail-end of the weekend. I just wanted to show how pleased Natalie is with herself for playing daddy. She's thinking..."sucker...mommy would have never given me the whole thing back here by myself..."
"I'll give it the ol' college try!!!" There aren't more pictures because luckily mommy came back to the car soon enough to intervene before disaster struck. She still ended up falling asleep with a nice little chocolaty smile on her sweet little face.
So I'm so struck by the difference between these pics and....

(love that mug!!)
these pics!!!!! Taken same place two years apart. Oh my gosh...where has my little baby gone? In just two years, my baby has gone from the cute little chubby faced (well, chubby for her) little baby to this child...this sassy, funny, sweet, opinionated, stubborn, smart, tender-hearted, little girl.
I don't know why I'm so shocked...she is three and a half but these pictures really show me just how much she has changed and grown. Boy, have the years gone fast too! This August will be our three year celebration of becoming a family. Time has flown by too quickly. Prior to Natalie, I was told by so many moms to just savor every moment because they grow up so fast. I have really tried to do that but have recently caught myself wishing that she were a bit older, already potty trained, etc. This potty training thing is not fun...But looking at these pictures again is a great reminder to savor every moment of this time with her...naughty and nice...because in a flash she will grow and change and be a different person and I'll miss her at this age. All of the funny things that she says and does. In fact tonight, we were driving to go to dinner with grandma and grandpa and Natalie was holding one of her babies (Sophie Marie in honor of her sister...everyone is Sophie Marie now)and singing to her and telling her how cute she is. She said to me "mommy, my baby is one year old now and she's so cute...she's from the same place I was born..." How cute I thought to myself and then asked her where that was...waiting to hear all about China... "CANADA" she says. What?!? Oh my gosh, we laughed so hard. Well, she got a great response from that so don't be surprised if you hear from her now about being born in Canada. Oh how I will miss these days...

5 comments:

~Kristen said...

Canada... too funny!!

What a beauty she is. Great pictures!!

Steffie B. said...

Love the ice cream cone picture.....did she really eat it all? lol

4D said...

Canada...a great place to be born!

What a beautiful little one!

Congrat on your DTC!

keep smilin!

Frita said...

She ate almost the entire cone...I think daddy helped a little. I can't see how it all fit in her little belly! lol...

Karin said...

Jennifer, thanks for commenting on my blog. I appreciate you checking it out. I've just looked over yours and oh, how I loved looking at all you pictures and videos of your darling daughter. I'll be there some day. later, rather than sooner but I am remaining optimistic! That trifle looks divine, can you share the recipe? So if you are a food network junkie, did you watch the Awards. I just have to brag that the top grocery store honor went to Wegmans, the pride of our hometown.